Members

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:37 pm 

Hi all, I have been playing a c key diatonic (hohner bluesband) for a while now. I want to advance to cross harp technique. can anybody please suggest me some good internet sources for cross harp examples ? i expect tabs for g key songs for playing them on c scale harp. i think it will help me to grasp the cross harp technique in a better way than just by reading in the books 'start playing from the third hole' kinda thing. thanks. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:30 pm 

Annie Raines has a course called BLUES HARMONICA BLUEPRINT that can be downloaded at www.truefire.com
and you can join Jon Gindick's Video Harp Club at www.gindick.com. I highly recommend either or both of these.
I would suggest upgrading your harp and make things easier on yourself. It is hard to learn to bend on a BluesBand harmonica. just moving up to a Special 20 is a difference in night and day

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:28 pm 

For bending notes a Suzuki Promaster is the best there is. The tone, clarity and volume of this harmonica is outstanding. No squeak on the 10 hole. Bend draws as well as blow bends. 2G to F easy. Except. The holes are slightly smaller than most other harmonicas the total comb is the same, the spaces between holes are slightly larger. This takes a bit of practice to move to it but once you get it it sounds great. My music teacher now is always complaining that there is something wrong with his harmonica because I can bend easier and sound louder and cleaner :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:04 pm 

Hi guys, excuse for my late reply. Thanks for your replies. As of now, I was thinking of getting a hohner silverstar in the scale of g. Is it a good choice?? or should i go for super twenty strictly?? as far as suzuki is concerned, i dunno where can i buy that one. i would also like to try lee oskar, but again same issue as with suzuki. anyways, thanx guys for your helpful replies. :)