Members

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:52 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:41 pm 

Hello, i'm a linux user. I see that the site is not linux friendly. In fact it's the first site i find so incompatible with linux.
For example the chat works only with windows, and when i try to see the videos the members have uploaded i have to install windows media player which offcaurse doesn't work on linux (as it's name says).
I have to use windows on virtual box for all these applications, something i always try to avoid.
The site is great but if you could do something about this i would be much better..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:38 pm 

I'm also a Linux user and have had problems with the Video but songs play OK. You need to click on the song title link then on the download link and the song plays. At least it does with Firefox. I've not tried Chromium yet.

If you do the same with the videos then it offered to play in [Totem] Movie Player which opens then hangs. If you download it will play OK. I have my default set on the computer to vlc as that will play most things. I am looking to set vlc as the player in the browser but I need to find where the relevant file is.

I'm on Ubuntu 10.04 on this computer.

Geoff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:35 am 

Well, i just won't use firefox (or any browser) to view or hear the videos and song. According to the file type i just do wright click and either open it with a program of mine or save it and then find which program to open it with.
So it's ok :D
Thanks Tootler. By the way, i use slackware and try to keep the browser and the system as cleaner as possible..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:11 am 

saavedra29 wrote:
Well, i just won't use firefox (or any browser) to view or hear the videos and song. According to the file type i just do wright click and either open it with a program of mine or save it and then find which program to open it with.
So it's ok :D
Thanks Tootler. By the way, i use slackware and try to keep the browser and the system as cleaner as possible..

I miss my slackware box. Had one for years. I've got an oldie system sitting around with a bad power supply. Maybe I should fix it and build a slack.