Members

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hello there!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:28 am 

A bout three years back I got a cheap Gold Cup brand harmonica with a book of tabbed songs with the sheet music under it, stuff like Camptown Races and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I loved it, partly because I liked being able to play music, and partly because I liked the fact that the tabs made me feel like I had my own little language. :lol:

I put down the harp for a while because I decided to learn guitar...which made me decide to learn keyboard...and I read in a book somewhere about the penny whistle and decided to give that a try...and when looking through the info on penny whistles I saw something on harmonica and couldn't wait to give the harmonica another go. (So now I am learning Guitar, Keyboard, Penny Whistle, and Harmonica) :shock:

So I bought a Honer Bluesband and a Harmonica for Dummies book, and put together a notebook with all my old papers. While looking through harmonica websites I found this forum, and hope that I will be able to find it of some use.
Any advice will be appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Hello there!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:43 pm 

Hello, Dreamer.

Welcome to the Harmonica Club.

Try these free websites for harmonica:

www.harptabs.com

www.harpinanawhinin.com

Best regards

John Broecker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:07 pm 

Thanks for the sites! :D I like Harptabs.com

I've been having trouble with my 2 draw. :x I am pretty sure it's not me because all the blows work and all the other draws work. :? I opened it up and there was no debris in it, I keep it in a hard case. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:47 am 

if you are just learning, odds are that the problem IS you.
2 and 3 draw are infamous for being difficult reeds.

take it slow.
breath thru the harmonica.
in........
out.......

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:31 pm 
Dreamer, Look at John Broecker's answer to my Apr 22 "2 Hole Draw" question in "Beginner's Questions."
Also look at "Playing #2 & #3 Hole Draw" under "Tech. Info. & Advice" under "Harmonicas" in Hohner's site: www.hohnerusa.com.
Also take peek at "How Do I Get A Good Sound Out Of 2 Hole Draw . . . . I Know It's Broken . . . ." at beginner'sharmonica_html on Adam Gussow's site www.modernbluesharmonmmica.com
I'm a couple of month's into learning and had the same problem. hope this helps, good luck, Glenn.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:29 pm 

Thanks Ernest! :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:15 pm 

Hello,

Welcome to the club, enjoy the many experiences that you can have playing this wonderful Instrument, When you have a chance come on in to the chat room, for a live experience, where you can play your harmonica and receive feedback from otherplayers and you may hang around and just listenin on the conversations and tips being given, we will teach you athe fundementals of your playing techniques, and how the instrument will produce you with some great sounding music.

Skype Name:Harmonicamike2 (aka) Harmonica68

ooVoo Name:Harmonicamike