Members

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: new member
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:53 am 

G'day everyone :) new at the harp, no other musical back ground so can only play by ear, I make noise not music at this stage but hope to learn heaps and gain experience from the forum & members so I can confidently jam with others over a few beers and around the fire.

I'm 52 yo bloke, a paramedic in Newcastle New South Wales (eastern state 0f oz) just 2 hour north of Sydney.
cheers :)
Wil

Post subject: Re: new member
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 pm 

Welcome to the Club! There are several other members from OZ here. I'm sure they will pop up an introduce themselves. Enjoy learning the harp!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:41 am 

Hi Wil and welcome.

As paulbunyn said, there are a few Aussies floating through this part of the net.
There used to be a pretty active harmonica club in Newcastle, but I haven’t heard anything from them in a while. But there is no shortage of both free and paid instructional/feedback sites for harmonica on the web (including this one – make sure you have a good look around this site). I still like personal instruction from a good teacher, but such folk are a bit hard to come by around Canberra.

Despite that, I’m going to a workshop here next month put on by DJ Gosper (a Canberra local) and Big Blind Ray (from Sydney) and then the next weekend I’m off to Sydney for a Howard Levy concert (Sat night) and workshop (Sun). Given Howard “is acknowledged as the world’s most advanced harmonica player! He is also a superb pianist, innovative composer, recording artist, bandleader, teacher and producer. Winner of 2 Grammy Awards!” it should be pretty good. Not sure if it is for beginners though. (see http://www.kurtjacob.com.au/ for details)

Cheers
Maka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:28 am 

:) thanks for the welcome guy's sorry my reply was a bit slow.
cheers for the info too.
Wil

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:54 pm 

Hello,

Welcome to the club, enjoy the many experiences that you can have playing this wonderful Instrument, When you have a chance come on in to the chat room, for a live experience, where you can play your harmonica and receive feedback from otherplayers and you may hang around and just listenin on the conversations and tips being given, we will teach you athe fundementals of your playing techniques, and how the instrument will produce you with some great sounding music.

Skype Name:Harmonicamike2 (aka) Harmonica68

ooVoo Name:Harmonicamike