Members

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Harmonica as a lifestyle
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:42 am 

I don't know about the rest of you but being a harmonica player is a lifestyle for me. :D I keep harmonicas in the car for traffic jams and when a good tune comes on the radio. I don't feel right :mrgreen: if I go to bed without playing some harp. And sometimes when I have some thinking to do :? I just hold a harp and turn it over and over in my hand while I work out an issue in my mind. I just love it! :o Does it bother any of you when you hear a guy playing harmonica in a band and he is just clueless about what to do? I does me. Hurts my ears to hear that noise! Let me know what y'all think. :!:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:19 pm 

Harper n2whd,

In a word...YES!

I hear options for harp licks in tunes and can't wait to "get" the notes played exactly like they SHOULD be played - to be understood. :D I want everybody to play harp. Whether it's for the sake of playing, health purposes, jamming for or with somebody else, playing off a guitarist, putting a smile on someone's face or soothing my heart's need for a "place".
Once upon a time I was told that I'm NOT a harp player...Gave me incentive to wail the Blues and become a Blues Man. Not for spite, instead to have a feel. You know. That hole in your soul that can only hold the echoes of what it is, could be or should be. I still can't hardly hold a candle to a beginner, but I can give what I can and hope to get a nod every once in a while.
Blow Blues...Blow true.

Be Blues...And Jazz,

Suave Blues Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:47 am 

You got it! Trying to fill that empty place in your soul with music. Everywhere and anywhere that music is harp can fit.

T

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:16 pm 

Dont go anywhere with out one of m harps. I fell naked if I havent got one with me.
THe guys at work like it. Every now and then I will bust out a couple of riff unexpectedly.

Always one(or more) in the car and caravan.

Cheers, Adam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:28 pm 

and let's not forget they are as good as a roll of dimes in a fight!
(not that i condone that behavior!)