Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Exceeding the attachment limit

Exceeding the attachment limit 1 week 6 days ago #15079

Eric33 wrote: I have suddenly found out that I cannot post my videos on to YouTube before sharing them on to the Harmonica Alphabet Challenge.

What device (phone / tablet / computer) are you using to post / upload the videos to youtube?

Eric33 wrote: I keep getting a message saying .The files that you are trying to share Exceed the attachment limit.

It states "the files" - that you are trying to share - Does this mean that only one file at a time - can be uploaded - and you may have more then one attached / selected for upload?

Attachment size - sounds like an "attachment" (something connected) - like when something is tied to an email message - that is to large and exceeds - the size limit. Not all recording software / video editing programs are created equal and may not export / save videos to be best optimized - for YouTube. They can sometimes create very large files. If you know the file type / format of you video files - You can convert the files into a compatible and smaller size. Here is an online tool. www.files-conversion.com/

Eric33 wrote: I have posted lots of videos before,so why am I getting this message and how can this be rectified.I am seeking help from you clever lads.
Keep Puffing Eric33.

I wonder what has changed - Have you recently upgraded your device, or changed over to something new?

Keith might be right and it could just be google messing around with Youtube. Try again later and see what happens.

--

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Huff-N-Puff.

Exceeding the attachment limit 1 week 6 days ago #15082

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 263
Eric, do your files and videos go to be saved on a cloud, like I cloud. There is a limited amount that can be saved, then you have to buy more space??
It could be google messing with YouTube as my recent update changed a few things it previously did.
Now instead of going to record selfie videos that appear in the photos app where I transferred them to YouTube I now have to go straight to YouTube. Click on YouTube home icon. Then press the Record icon on the left. If it is not showing for selfies switch over by touching the little circle of 2 arrows.
After recording there’s a spot for title and details then a spot that says upload. Press upload and it shows a screen uploading. This takes a longer time than before but finishes with the video uploaded direct onto YouTube.
I know you are not familiar with modern procedures but give it a try. You can’t wreck anything.

Exceeding the attachment limit 1 week 3 days ago #15104

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Eric, I just re-read your post and the problem is getting the video on youtube. Click over your picture with a triangle etc,I don't understand. But the method I now use is direct onto youtube . I will run through it and I would like you to follow with your Pad and see if your pad follows same as my pad which could be a later version. Post where you differ.
1 Touch the youtube icon, red with a pointer and bring up youtube as though going to view videos. On the top right corner should be 3 icons. An icon of a video camera, a magnifying glass and a pic of you.
Yes or no.
If yes then touch the video camera icon. A screen should come up with the top half black. On this black part on the left is another video icon with the word Record.
yes or no.
If yes, touch it.NOT the one on the right for live video. Just touch the left one. You should see a picture of yourself or the room ahead. To get the selfie of you playing touch the little icon of 2 arrows in a circle. Its faint but above the red record button. Now, do you have a picture of you ready to play?
Yes or no.
If yes touch the big red record button and play. Touch again to stop. The screen will show with an arrow and the word Trim in the top left corner. You have recorded directly to youtube.
Yes or no.
If yes the on the top right corner is the Word next. Touch it. The screen should change to where you can write in the title and description. Can you do that OK.
Yes or no
If yes then on the top right corner Is the word UPLOAD. Touch it. The screen should turn to a small rectangular mess of a fuzzy coloured image.This remains until the video is processed. It could take 5 minutes, depending on the length.But wait it out and your video will appear with your other videos ready to view or post to the forum. Is your video showing on youtube?
yes or no??
If yes then bring up your video as to view it. Underneath the picture, there is a bent arrow with the word share. When you touch that share icon watch to see if a popup screen comes up at the bottom of the screen with the word Copied. If so that means you have copied the URL and now only have to paste it on the forum. Did this happen?
yes or no.
If yes then on the forum message area hold the finger lightly for a new line then after a moment lift the finger and a popup message should show with the word Paste. Touchpaste and the URL should appear. Submit and it's done.
Read a lot but i't only a few minutes. If our pads are similar it should work. Don't go off on other tracks for Gmail etc. But if you tell where it differed we can work out what to do. This a direct recording to youtube, no other track.
Anyone else reading can try it out too. Too long to look for mistakes .

Exceeding the attachment limit 1 week 2 days ago #15117

• Eric33
  • Eric33's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 666
Hello lovely man,
Everything went to plan until I tried to play it back before posting it to the club site.
There was no sound.What I did notice was above the Live,not the Record,was a small microphone with a line through it.When am I supposed to press that?
Eric.

Exceeding the attachment limit 1 week 2 days ago #15120

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Eric33 wrote: Hello lovely man,
Everything went to plan until I tried to play it back before posting it to the club site.
There was no sound.What I did notice was above the Live,not the Record,was a small microphone with a line through it.When am I supposed to press that?
Eric.

Don’t know that one, Eric. But the other way when you finish recording you should be able to listen to the recording before you go further.. Anyway you got something going. Let’s not fiddle with the unknown or you might lose it again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric33

Exceeding the attachment limit 1 week 1 day ago #15122

• keith
  • Thank you received: 224
A picture of a mic or a speaker with a line through it indicates it is muted, click, or double click, the icon & you should be able to hear it. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric33

Last Edit: by keith.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds