Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Canadian Style Harmonica

Canadian Style Harmonica 9 months 6 days ago #7054

• Dexer
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 75
This is how we do it in Winnipeg. I challenge all harp players in Australia and New Zealand to match this :).

BTW, please indulge any heavy breathing and long pauses...I'm 58 years old and this took a lot of excavation!

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dezzy

Canadian Style Harmonica 9 months 6 days ago #7056

• Sarge
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 177
Wow Dex, you need to move south!!!!! You played that fine, but it won't bring summer time to you any sooner. Does Australia and New Zealand get snow like that?

Canadian Style Harmonica 9 months 6 days ago #7058

• dezzy
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 70
Australia has one small area for snow. New Zealand greater snow activity. But I don't think anywhere like this. Dexter reminds me that my wife used to send me off to another room to play. Did Dexter have to dig through the snow to play.? He's not that bad !!

Canadian Style Harmonica 9 months 6 days ago #7061

• Dexer
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 75
Canadian males have a genetic predisposition to build snow forts. We try to supress this urge when we hit adulthood. However, I noticed that my neighbour on the north side (an old school buddy; the same age as me) had built a snow fort in his back yard. My neighbour to the south (a man in his early 30's) had also built a snow fort. So I figured, "Screw this grey hair...I'm building a snow fort!". Most of that snow was shoveled off the driveway behind my garage. I actually hollowed out enough space that I can stand upright inside of it.

I figured I better shoot some video today because the forecast for tomorrow is +5C (41F) which means that fort is not long for this world.

In five months, that exact same spot is likely to be about +35C (95F). That's why I love this city: -40C to +40C every year (which explains why there is a little red Triumph convertible parked next to my igloo).

I was a bit winded from exertion of having to crawl through that little door so I had to pause a few times for some air while I was playing. And, although I practice trying to keep my hands in a properly sealed grip, I had to open them up a bit so that the camera could pick up the sound. Hmmm....might be funny if I took my amp and mic out there. BTW, that was a Suzuki Bluesmaster in A.

Canadian Style Harmonica 9 months 5 days ago #7063

• spideryak
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Great video, very creative, and of course loved the song (no spoiler alert as to it's name eh heh).

After years of winter camping I know...you gotta sleep in that thing overnight (go for a full moon evening)
Don't forget the candle and a breathing hole in the top !

we always head north...though I hear there are some random "snow birds" who travel south in the winter up there as well.... a shocking concept...

Enjoy..stay warm...do you collect snow shoes as well as harmonicas ?
After a dozen pair I promised my wife no more..till we started kayaking...and a dozen later....well you get the idea.
Now for harmonica collections..I hear there is unlimited potential there...they way life should be...

Canadian Style Harmonica 9 months 5 days ago #7068

• Harmlessonica
  • Thank you received: 51
Fantastic video, Dex, thanks for taking the effort and time to do it and sharing it here. Love the musical irony. :)

As a kid in the UK, I can remember getting a decent amount of snow and a snow fort might have been possible, but nowadays we barely get a light dusting. I suppose that's global warming for ya....

This would have been a good entry for that Hohner contest they do where they ask contestants to submit videos of themselves playing harmonicas in unusual places...

By the way - looking great for your age!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds